Saturday, July 3, 2010

Babies and Men in Blaque

We are getting to know our new little granddaughter, Magnolia Marie Short, pictured here just an hour or so after her birth. She's thriving: eats well, sleeps some, gains weight. I am impressed at how alert and awake she seems to be for someone who's not yet two weeks old. I can't help but believe that the peaceful home birth gave Maggie an especially good start. Katie is also recovering well, right on schedule.

Leo has a job on the UC Irvine campus this summer. Last week, he was up on a tall ladder painting the tops of light poles around campus. He likes the job. I'm happy for him that he got a job, but I miss the heck out of him. Hopefully, he will come visit Arkansas later in the summer.

Leo has been singing with a group called Men in Blaque for awhile, and the group is leaving for China on Wednesday to participate in an international singing competition. Leo is the guy on the far right front row in this picture. I haven't heard them sing yet, but hope there will be some videos from the competition or recordings. Leo loves that the other singers work as hard as he does at performing well. He's learning from them, and having a great time.

Mick and I are celebrating our one-year anniversary in Little Rock. And boy, do we have a lot to celebrate. I hope you are celebrating too, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment